[dt_divider style=”thick” /]The NFL has released additional details regarding the upcoming 2017 NFL Draft which will be held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from April 27 through April 29.
For the past several years the draft has been expanding far beyond the traditional two-day format in which players are selected, and now includes other events designed to make fans part of the experience. This year the NFL is bringing a “Free Football Festival” to Philadelphia by transforming part of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway into the NFL Draft Experience sponsored by Dannon Oikos Triple Zero.
The event was announced on Tuesday, February 28 by NFL Senior Vice President of Events Peter O’Reilly, Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney, and former Eagles quarterback and Co-Chair of the Philadelphia NFL Draft Host Committee Ron Jaworski at the historic Philadelphia Museum of Art.
As per the the official NFL press release, the fan experience will include:
- Combine Corner – From racing against NFL players to running routes, fans can test their football and athletic skills at Combine Corner, which includes the Vertical Jump and 40 Yard Dash.
- NFL Virtual Reality – Experience NFL games using virtual reality technology.
- The Vince Lombardi Trophy – Fans will have the opportunity to take their photo with the Super Bowl trophy.
- AFC & NFC Locker Rooms – Visit a replica NFL locker room as it appears on gameday. Experience the sights of an NFL pregame with sleek translucent LCDs.
- NFL Museum (Pro Football Hall of Fame display area) – This exhibit features historical Eagles memorabilia, Super Bowl rings and Conference Championship trophies. Fans can get a digitalized Pro Football Hall of Fame bronze bust in their likeness.
- College Football Corner – Fans can view College Football Hall of Fame memorabilia from former first round Draft picks and Eagles legends, and cheer on Draft prospects from their favorite college team. Life size player mannequins offer unique photo opportunities.
- NFL Draft Experience Tailgate – Enjoy selections from some of Philadelphia’s best restaurants in a “taste of the town” tailgate.
- NFL Network Set – Watch NFL Network analysts break down the NFL Draft.
- ESPN Set – Check out SportsCenter LIVE from NFL Draft Experience.
- NFL Shop at Draft – Stop by for the largest assortment of NFL Draft merchandise, including customizable Nike Jerseys and the official 2017 NFL Draft Cap by New Era and other exclusive Draft caps.
- NFL Draft Set – Visit the official NFL Draft set from Thursday to Saturday and see the view from behind the podium.
Important Dates for Fans:
- March 6: Fans may now sign-up for Fan Mobile Pass at NFL.com/FanMobilePass. By registering, fans will have access to the NFL Draft Experience, as well as the chance to win a free ticket for themselves and a guest to access seating inside the NFL Draft Theater.
- March 19: Until Sunday, March 19 at 11:59 PM ET, fans may register for Fan Mobile Pass to be eligible for free seated tickets inside the NFL Draft Theater. After March 19, registration remains open for the NFL Draft Experience, which also makes fans eligible for standby theater tickets as seats become available.
- March 22: Fans randomly selected for seated tickets will receive an e-mail on or around March 22 notifying them of the date (one of three days) and instructions for confirming attendance.
April 27 to April 29: The free NFL Draft Experience football festival opens for fans of all ages and teams. Fans in attendance will be able to view all three days of the Draft in an outdoor environment and have the chance to receive stand-by tickets to be seated inside the NFL Draft Theater.