Thank you for your interest in joining our crew here at Inside the Pylon. We are a fully-independent website dedicated to educating the next generation of football fans. ITP looks to accomplish this goal with Xs and Os video analysis, as well as statistical and metric-based methods as well.
We are looking to expand our team for the upcoming season and have opened a handful of positions in both content creation and editing.
Why Inside the Pylon?
Because we’re awesome?
No, well, maybe. Anyways…
We care about sharing the ins and outs of football in a manner that is both sophisticated and accessible. We do this by giving our authors freedom to write on topics they find interesting, but also by adhering to a rigorous editing process that ensures that each piece of content is clear, concise, and delivers its point in the clearest way possible.
A key focus for us has been the development of our glossary of football terms. Our glossary has taught thousands of fans some of the finer points of the game, and we are dedicated to expanding this resource in perpetuity to become the definitive knowledge bank for football on the internet. We have partnered with The Scouting Academy in crafting this glossary to aid the next generation of football decision-makers as they continue their education.
Inside the Pylon is also a leader in the industry at using marked-up game film to explain of content. We are firm believers that marrying annotated tape with written analysis is the best way to explain this game to readers. We do this in articles, in our glossary, and on our YouTube channel.
Above all, quality is of utmost importance, which is why every article goes through multiple rounds of edits. Our editing team includes former newspaper sports editors, professors, and professional writers who are dedicated to making your content shine. Our process is proven and includes the author’s input at multiple points in the process to ensure that writers and editors are on the same page at all times. Writers and editors can also collaborate in real time to cut down on delays in getting your content published. It is our firm belief that our editing process is integral to our success.
Last but certainly not least, all editors and writers gain access to a private forum with all other Inside the Pylon staff. This community acts as a content incubator that helps you refine your concepts to produce better content. You also get access to great football minds to help develop new ideas or to just simply chat about the game. We are a community dedicated to providing the best resources to our staff, and joining us will ensure you can be a part of that too.
Still interested? Great! Please read below to see our openings:
None right now. Keep checking back though!
Content Editor (Multiple Openings)
- Edit multiple articles per week for both grammar and accuracy
- Must understand basic football concepts and contextualize how articles fit into ITP’s content plan
- Must be critical of every submission, but also provide positive feedback to assist writers produce the best quality work
- Experience formatting articles into WordPress is a plus and will be a requirement of the editing role
Video Editor (Multiple Openings)
- Cut film from DraftBreakdown, NFL Game Pass, and other sources for use in articles, social media, or the ITP YouTube Channel
- Mark up film with play art and annotations
- Create videos in collaboration with authors for our new video initiatives
- A basic understanding of football concepts is necessary
- Create header images for individual articles and multi-article projects
- Design new logos for upcoming media projects
- Assist in website design over upcoming season
- Past experience with athletics art design preferred
How to Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] your previous work linked or attached, along with a statement on how you can help ITP educate fans and why we should select you for one of the above positions.
Please note: All positions at Inside the Pylon are uncompensated.