The biggest controversy from the first College Football Rankings, Texas A&M over Washington, was cleared up this week as the Aggies were upset by Mississippi State and the Huskies moved up to #4. On the November 11 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) look at the college football field and the teams with the best chances of making the College Football Playoffs. There are several teams that have a great chance at making the playoffs if they win out, but some of those teams face each other this season like Ohio State-Michigan and Alabama-Auburn, or could in conference championship games. Needless to say these next few weeks should provide plenty of excitement. Other topics include:
- Texas A&M’s national title hope dies with the loss to Mississippi State and the loss of Trevor Knight (1:35)
- Who, of the three other playoff contenders, does Alabama want to play the least (4:55)
- Can Ohio State get hot and win out, replacing Michigan in the Playoff rankings (9:40)
- Discussing 538’s chart of teams’ chances of making the playoffs if they win out, including Auburn (11:34)
- Games of the Week including Texas-West Virginia, Alabama-Mississippi State, and Clemson-Pitt (20:15)
- Washington faces off against USC as they try and grab a stranglehold on the Pac-12, and USC’s talent in the upcoming years (28:53)
- Will Washington State-Cal be the highest scoring game of the season (35:09)
- Who, if anyone, can provide any type of contest for the Lamar Jackson Heisman campaign (42:16)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.