Week 6 has wrapped up with the Cardinals whooping of the Jets on Monday night, and the week provided some interesting scores. On the October 19 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) recap Week 6 action from the NFL and some of the teams that are out of their divisions playoff races. Carolina continues to disappoint after their Superbowl appearance while the Broncos are starting to show some signs of struggling with Trevor Siemian at quarterback. Meanwhile the AFC South teams try and give away the division as it seems that no one wants to win it and the Patriots separate themselves as the clear favorite in the AFC. Other topics include:
- How the Chargers staved off the Broncos and a 1-5 start, plus is it time to worry about the Broncos (0:57)
- What happened in the Steelers-Dolphins game and why Pittsburgh struggles against poor teams (4:34)
- Has Rex Ryan saved his job with the firing of Greg Roman and are the Bills a playoff team (10:47)
- Giants-Ravens and whether the real Baltimore is starting to show itself with the recent losses (18:00)
- Why is the Panthers defense so bad this year and why they can’t win in the division (20:52)
- How the Jaguars rallied to beat the Bears and who will win the AFC South (24:42)
- Lions-Rams and whether the Lions are up there with the Saints and Colts for good offense and bad defense (27:25)
- How much better are the Patriots than any other team in the AFC (31:07)
- The great game that was Atlanta-Seattle and what to take from it (36:48)
- Dallas-Green Bay and why the Packers are struggling so much on offense (40:51)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.