While Hurricane Matthew has caused delays or cancellation of some games in college football’s Week 6, most games will be played. Dakota Moyer (@DakMoyer) joins Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) on the October 7 Pylon U Podcast to discuss what has gone wrong for Florida State, risers and fallers in the draft and playoff contention, and a look at the Week 6 matchups. One of the fiercest rivalries in sports, the Oklahoma-Texas Red River Rivalry, takes place this weekend in a game that may have a major effect on the respective coaches jobs. Elsewhere Florida State will try to save its season by beating Miami and Tennessee-Texas A&M face off in a battle of top-ten teams. Other topics include:
- What has gone wrong with Florida State, a national title contender at the start of the season, so far (1:40)
- Buying and selling players and teams in turns of draft prospects for players and playoff contenders for teams (8:17)
- Can Charlie Strong save his job by beating Oklahoma in the Red River Rivalry (26:01)
- Tennessee-Texas A&M and if the Vols win are they a playoff contender (28:52)
- Can Bret Bielema and Arkansas upset Alabama and how would they do it (36:41)
- UNC-Virginia Tech, how well Mitch Trubisky has played so far, and if Larry Fedora will be the next LSU coach (42:13)
- What happened to the Oregon Ducks and can a win against Washington save their coaches job (48:45)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.