Week 4, and therefore the first quarter of the NFL season, wrapped up on Monday and there seems to be a clear picture of what the season will look like. On the October 5 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) recap Week 4 in the NFL and the league at a quarter of the way through the season. Some teams were able to rebound after poor performances in previous weeks while other teams, and preseason Super Bowl contenders like the Panthers and Cardinals, continue to slide. The Patriots were able to escape four weeks without Brady with a 3-1 record, and face the Browns in the first game of his revenge tour. Other topics include:
- Why the Thursday Night Games have been so bad and whether Ryan Tannehill is the QB of the future for the Dolphins (2:25)
- The Steelers-Chiefs blowout game from Sunday night and how the Steelers rebounded from the Eagles game (6:58)
- Colts-Jaguars and how Indianapolis always feels like their in the game even when down big (9:52)
- How Cody Kessler has looked after being pressed into action for the Browns and how he works with Hue Jackson (15:43)
- Are the Seahawks starting to come together and the Jets’ quarterback problems (21:07)
- Is Rex Ryan coaching like he has nothing to lose and the Patriots with Brady back (26:27)
- Whether the Panthers are in trouble because of their terrible secondary (29:23)
- How the Raiders were able to not blow their game against the Ravens (35:17)
- The Lions’ disappointing loss to the Bears and whether Jim Caldwell’s job is in jeopardy (39:20)
- How the Rams got to 3-1 and find themselves atop the NFC West (43:41)
- Giants-Vikings and how impressive the Vikings defense has been so far this year (51:06)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.