Week 3 helps to prove who the contenders and pretenders are in the league and the chances of making the playoffs after 3-0 or 0-3 starts are on opposite sides of the spectrum. On the September 28 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) recap Week 3 of NFL action and some of the more surprising scores around the league. Perhaps the most surprising game was the thrashing Carson Wentz and the Eagles laid on the Steelers who were previously unbeaten. Elsewhere in the league Bill Belichick cemented his position as an all time great with a victory over the Texans despite starting a rookie third string quarterback. Other topics include:
- The Patriots’ surprising 3-0 start with a hodgepodge of quarterbacks and their win over the Texans (0:44)
- The meteoric rise of the Eagles’ defense and whether this was the worst Steelers’ game under Tomlin (7:57)
- Why the Dolphins struggled so much against the Browns (17:48)
- Matt Ryan’s improvement in year two under Kyle Shanahan and the Saints-Falcons MNF game (22:11)
- How the Jaguars gave away their game against the Ravens (28:28)
- Matthew Stafford’s second half play when down big to the Packers (31:55)
- Broncos-Bengals and Trevor Siemian’s luck so far and whether to worry about Cincinnati (36:05)
- Mike Zimmer making a case for Coach of the Year with the way he has the Vikings playing (39:31)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.