The first day of fall brings another “Kicker Friday” and discussion on specialists around the NFL. On the September 21 Quick Kicks Podcast Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield look at a punter and a kicker who have each proven to be in the top tier at their respective positions. Punters and the stats used to rate them can be deceiving, but the Raiders’ Marquette King has been on fire through the first two games, often kicking the ball to the sides of the field to take away return opportunities. In the kicker department, Dan Bailey has kept up his dominant performance from last year and seems to be challenging himself with extra points as if they were too easy for a kicker of his caliber. Other topics include:
- Starting out kicker Friday with a punter, the Oakland Raiders’ Marquette King and his growth over the years (1:16)
- What has stood out from King’s punting in the first two games (7:05)
- Why is Cowboys’ kicker Dan Bailey alternating between the hashes on extra points (9:57)
- Does it matter where Bailey kicks from or is he just that good (13:50)
- Have there been any hiccups in Bailey’s mechanics (17:14)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“