Training camp is officially underway across the NFL, and in the first full week of camp, we take you across the league to look at the landscape as it takes shape. The August 2 Quick Kicks Podcast features hosts Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda along with Joe Marino of Draft Breakdown and NDT Scouting, as they examine the Buffalo Bills and key early battles. Beyond the Bills, Joe also gives an initial look at some of the top storylines from the 2017 NFL Draft class, focusing on the senior class and several key trends to watch for these players looking to make their mark for NFL scouts. Topics this show include:
- Who are the rookies in camp that have either underperformed or overperformed so far in camp? (1:46)
- The early scouting reports on quarterback Cardale Jones and whether the early struggles are cause for concern or simply reflective of a small sample to date (3:03)
- What are the major changes on the defensive side of the ball to help improve an inconsistent Buffalo defense last season? (4:27)
- Whether the veteran secondary or young defensive front will be the strength of the Bills defense this season (6:03)
- Sammy Watkins and the expecations for the rest of the Bills receiving corps, including who will replace Chris Hogan as the third wide receiver this year (7:37)
- The running back situation in Buffalo and how the depth they have accumulated this year will pay dividends over the course of a 16-game season (10:23)
- The 2017 NFL Draft senior class, and who stands out among the 88 prospects Joe has examined (13:12)
- The senior running backs and how their skillset may be a good fit in the modern NFL that utilized running backs significantly more in the passing game (15:41)
- Other position groups that are particularly strong in this year’s senior class (18:15)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.