Our first-ever Fantasy Week rolls on as we continue to dig into the different fantasy formats and the tips and trends our experts are seeing heading into the 2016 season. The May 24 Quick Kicks Podcast has hosts Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda talking with Matt Williamson of Dynasty Blueprint on the shifts he is making for the upcoming year. Dynasty leagues have grown tremendously in popularity over the last decade, and are one of the fastest-growing segments of the fantasy market. Topics this show include:
- The biggest adjustments in strategy Matt had to make coming over from re-draft leagues to dynasty football in the last five years and how he looked to rapidly improve in the format (2:08)
- Wide receivers coming out of college, and how to sort out which players are likely to be able to succeed at an early stage of their career, versus those who are going to take longer to develop to their peak production (5:41)
- Handcuffing in dynasty leagues and whether it makes as much sense as in re-draft leagues, as well as the types of situations where it makes sense (9:33)
- Derrick Henry and whether the scheme fit in Tennessee is a good fit for him due to the potential for a high number of goal-line runs leading to touchdowns (10:42)
- The young quarterbacks from the 2016 class and whether any of them warrant early-round consideration for drafts this year (13:47)
- Which QB from this year’s class is likely to have the most success this year, and which is likely to have the strongest career when they have all played their last snap (16:30)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.