The first year under Jim McElwain brought the Florida Gators back to relevance as the SEC East Division Champion and an AP Top 25 ranking. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield look at Florida’s offense in McElwain’s first year and what to expect as McElwain brings in more of his own recruits. Although the season ended in a disappointing loss to Michigan in the Citrus Bowl, Florida has a lot to build on going into the 2016 season. Other topics on the podcast include:
- The type of offense that McElwain runs at Florida (2:46)
- Florida’s “spot variants” and how they turn to option routes (3:52)
- If the Gators move their players based on matchups or if they just have different releases(6:54)
- The Y-option route and the tight end’s job during those plays(8:42)
- How the variants paint of bigger picture of how Florida wants to win games (10:25)
- The important skill position players to the Florida offense (14:31)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.