The second-ever CFB National Championship has come and gone, and the January 14 Quick Kicks Podcast has Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield ready to break down the action. Topics from this show include:
- The evenly-matched first half, with both Clemson and Alabama trading blows en route to a 14-14 tie at the half (2:22).
- The unexpected Crimson Tide onside kick in the second half with the game tied, including the mechanics of an onside kick, and the scouting involved to pull off a surprise onside kick (3:58).
- The Alabama drive after the onside kick and how they were able to capitalize on a momentum-changing play (9:18).
- Jake Coker’s performance as quarterback and whether or not his performance changed anyone’s evaluations heading into the Senior Bowl (12:21).
- The expectations for Clemson heading into the 2016 season and whether they can build on a powerful 2015 campaign or regress trying to maintain this level of play (15:48).