The end of the week means another Kicker Friday on the August 19 Quick Kicks Podcast, and this week’s kicker is Dan Bailey of the Dallas Cowboys. Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield break down Bailey’s game and what makes him so great. The most accurate kicker since he was drafted five years ago, Bailey has a case for best kicker in the league, but seems to get little attention compared to the offensive stars of the Cowboy’s. Like the other elite kickers Bailey has little wasted movement in his kick and easily repeats the same motion each time. Bailey connected on 30 of 32 kicks last year, tied for first in terms of accuracy, and the change in extra points didn’t faze him as he kicked 100% on 25 tries.Other topics include:
- Comparing Dan Bailey’s accuracy to the rest of the league (2:38)
- How kicking mechanics play a part in accuracy (6:31)
- The torque on Bailey’s kicks and the ability to drive the ball (9:51)
- Bailey’s “quiet” jab step and how it compares to a baseball hitter’s swing (13:21)
- The high expectations for the Cowboys this year and expectations for Bailey (15:11)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“