It’s Kicker Friday here at Inside the Pylon, and Steelers kicker Chris Boswell receives this weeks break down. On the September 2 Quick Kicks Podcast, Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield discuss Boswell who the Steelers brought in last year after early season struggles at the kicker position. A 2014 UDFA out of Rice University, he started out punting for the Texans in his first season, but last year showed the skills to be a useful kicker for the Steelers, even in Pittsburgh’s rough kicking conditions. Other topics include:
- Looking at Steelers kicker Chris Boswell, a 2014 UDFA (2:17)
- Where Boswell is taking and hitting his kicks from (5:33)
- What stands out from a mechanical standpoint in Boswell’s kicks (10:14)
- What’s up with Boswell’s balance and momentum (13:18)
- How to fix mechanics problems like Boswell has with his balance and momentum (15:00)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.