It’s Rivalry Week in college football with some great games from all over the country. On the November 23 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) look at the key matchups from the last week of the college football season. Perhaps the biggest game is Ohio State-Michigan as both teams find themselves in the top five looking to be one of the teams making an appearance in the College Football Playoffs. While Ohio State is focused on Michigan, they need a Michigan State upset of Penn State to make the Big Ten Conference Championship, which would bolster their already solid resume. Elsewhere two teams, Alabama and Western Michigan, try to complete perfect seasons while Auburn and Toledo try to play spoiler. Other topics include:
- The Western Michigan Broncos try and complete their perfect season against Toledo (3:24)
- Minnesota and Wisconsin face off for Paul Bunyan’s Ax in a game with Big Ten West championship implications (9:18)
- USC and Notre Dame face off as Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish wrap up a disappointing season (15:23)
- The Apple Cup as Washington needs a big win against in-state rival Washington State (25:35)
- Penn State faces off against Michigan State with Big Ten East and College Football Playoff chances on the line for the Nittany Lions (27:47)
- Auburn tries to ruin Alabama’s perfect season, but they haven’t committed to a starting quarterback yet (31:31)
- What would it take for someone else to at least pose a risk to Lamar Jackson’s Heisman campaign (35:14)
- “The Game” is the game of the year as #2 Ohio State and #3 Michigan face off in Columbus (38:50)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.