All eyes were on the college football playoff ranking committee this week as they dealt with the Chaos of last weekend that saw the 2,3, and 4 seeds lose, two of them to unranked teams. On the November 16 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) examine the College Football Playoff Rankings from Tuesday. Washington is the only top 4 seed from last week that finds itself on the outside looking in, even though they lost to the best team of the three. The rankings also showed a large grouping of Big 10 and Pac-12 teams with Michigan and Ohio State at the 2 and 3 spots as they prepare for their end of the season game the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The end of the season and conference championships should clear up some of the questions about the playoffs, but some fanbases certainly won’t agree with their final rankings. Other topics include:
- Why the Big Ten and Pac-12 teams are grouped together in the rankings and can a Big 10 conference champion miss the playoffs (2:46)
- How will the Clemson and Louisville rankings play out for the rest of the season as they won’t play each other again (8:38)
- How good a team is USC at this point in the season and how will Washington rebound after losing to them (13:41)
- Is there anyway Oklahoma can sneak into the top four of the playoffs without a conference championship (18:58)
- Which players deserve to be the runner ups to Lamar Jackson at the Heisman Award ceremony in New York City (24:26)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.