We are already in Week 10 of the college football season and with it the Playoff Committee released their first rankings of the season. On the November 4 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) discuss the college football setting for Week 10 and break down the first College Football Playoff Rankings of the season. There was some controversy as the one loss Texas A&M Aggies were ranked at #4, above the undefeated Washington Huskies. However in the two years of the playoff system only 3 of the 8 teams that were ranked in the first rankings have made the playoffs, which means Washington stands a good chance of making the playoffs if they win out. Other topics include:
- Breaking down the first College Football Rankings and the controversy with Washington’s ranking (3:04)
- Louisville’s game against Boston College and what they need to do to impress the committee (18:14)
- #2 Clemson and #3 Michigan facing teams they should beat if not blowout, but will they get tripped up (22:04)
- Florida and Penn State facing off against in-conference mid tier teams that could surprise them (24:16)
- Why is Ohio State struggling recently, their matchup with Nebraska and the Buckeyes’ draft prospects (27:20)
- #1 Alabama faces off against the preseason favorite LSU Tigers in Death Valley (30:34)
- Will Washington play with an edge after being left out of the College Football Playoff rankings or will they suffer a let down against Cal (33:00)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.