It’s already Week 8 of the NFL season and while some teams are already looking towards the draft others have playoff dreams. On the October 28 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) assess the NFL at the halfway point of the season. There are six teams on bye this week, but plenty of divisional match ups that should make the playoff picture a little more clear. One of the more exciting games is Eagles-Cowboys on Sunday night with two of the most talked about rookies facing off for first place in the NFC East. Elsewhere Aaron Rodgers and the Packers look to regain their groove against the Falcons. Other topics include:
- Will the Jaguars-Titans be a snoozefest like the other Thursday Night games have been so far this season (1:23)
- Can Washington bounce back against the Cincinnati Bengals in London (6:45)
- Chiefs-Colts and whether Indianapolis has an outside shot at winning the AFC South (12:00)
- Will homefield advantage give the Saints enough edge to beat the Seahawks (21:46)
- Can the Lions build off their come back win against Washington and beat the Texans (25:43)
- Do the Bills stand a chance against the Patriots with Brady back (30:39)
- Chargers-Broncos facing off in an AFC West battle with playoff implications (36:14)
- Two rookie quarterbacks, Wentz and Prescott, face off in an NFC East divisional rivalry (42:20)
- Can Jay Cutler’s return help the Bears upset Minnesota on Monday Night Football (46:36)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.