We are nearing the halfway point of the NFL season and while the NFC has been very competitive, the AFC seems to be the Patriots and with every other team a tier below. On the October 19 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) analyze the action from Week 7 of the NFL. One of the biggest surprises in the AFC was the Dolphins winning their second straight against a good team, while in the NFC, the Eagles caught fans off-guard by providing the blueprint for beating the previously unbeaten Vikings. Also, is there a changing of the guard at quarterback as previously average quarterbacks such as Matthew Stafford are putting together MVP-caliber seasons? Other topics include:
- Packers-Bears from Thursday night and Green Bay’s running back situation (0:50)
- Will the Patriots lose in the AFC playoffs or are they the clear favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl (9:50)
- How the Giant’s expensive defense was able to stand up against Case Keenum, who had to throw 53 times (15:14)
- Saints-Chiefs and whether Kansas City can go on a run to make the playoffs like they did last year (20:50)
- How the Eagles were able to put up points against the Vikings defense and why the Vikings offense struggled (27:10)
- The quarterback battle between Kirk Cousins and Matthew Stafford in the Lions-Redskins game (32:57)
- Is Adam Gase proving that he is the coach that can turn the Dolphins around and do they have an outside shot at the playoffs (39:18)
- The ugly, wild game that was the 6-6 tie between the Seahawks and the Cardinals and both teams elite defenses (47:40)
- Brock Osweiler’s bad start to the season and why the Texans threw so much money at him (53:26)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.