Week 8 of college football has passed with some upsets and dominating performances from top teams. On the October 25 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) recap Week 8 of college football action including Ohio State’s loss to unranked Penn State and Alabama’s defensive showcase against the Texas A&M Aggies. The Tide seem to be the clear favorite to come out of the SEC and represent them in the Playoffs while Michigan-Ohio State still seems to be the game that will decide the Big Ten. The Big 12 has two undefeated teams, but it may be hard for them to make the playoffs as they have both faced an easy slate. Meanwhile Houston’s slim playoff chances as a G5 team took a major hit with their loss to SMU. Other topics include:
- What were the biggest surprises of Week 8 of college football starting with the Penn State upset (0:50)
- Alabama as the clear #1 team in the nation and their suffocating defense (7:56)
- How the in-game matchup between Myles Garrett and Cam Robinson went and draft implications (15:10)
- Auburn’s demolition of Arkansas and how Gus Malzahn turned the early season struggles around (19:43)
- The Big 12 conference race and what needs to happen for a Big 12 team to make the playoffs (24:48)
- What is going on with Michigan State and whether it is a lack of talent with all the recent draft losses (35:05)
- Has Tom Herman checked out on Houston’s season as he looks to take a job at a larger university (37:22)
- Is Ole Miss the best 3-4 team in the history of college football (42:08)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.