Week 8 is around the corner and the slate is filled with great games and one that may be an all time classic in Alabama vs. Texas A&M that may decide the playoffs. Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) of Yahoo Sports’ Shutdown Corner joins Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) on the October 20 Pylon U Podcast to preview Week 8 of college football and talk about the best prospects for the NFL draft. Besides being a top ten game that may decide the SEC, the Alabama-Texas A&M game provides a matchup between Myles Garrett, the top pass rusher, and Cam Robinson, possibly the top left tackle. It should provide a matchup within the matchup and may decide the game. Other topics include:
- Game of the week and possibly the year when #1 Alabama faces off against #6 Texas A&M (0:57)
- The Aggies defense plan if they hope to beat Alabama and stop Jalen Hurts (6:34)
- Picks for the biggest games of the week including Boise State-BYU and Louisville-NC State (11:01)
- Eric Edholm joins the podcast to discuss some of the more impressive teams from this season (20:49)
- What to make of Lamar Jackson and if he is comparable to Michael Vick (23:50)
- Will Notre Dame let Brian Kelly go even though he has multiple years left on his contract (27:24)
- Hyped players from CFB that will play, and succeed, on Sundays in the NFL (33:33)
- Under the radar quarterbacks that might get drafted early such as Mitch Trubisky and Luke Falk (40:27)
- Are either of Deshaun Watson and DeShone Kizer worthy of the top-ten pick hype (43:58)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.