Colin Kaepernick has made more news for his National Anthem protest than his play on the field as he hasn’t been starting for the 49ers, but that changed this last week. On the October 18 Quick Kicks Podcast Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield analyze Colin Kaepernick’s return versus the Buffalo Bills and his next few opponents. After struggling with injuries and general poor play the last few seasons Kaepernick looks to be reborn under Chip Kelly whose offense should play more to Kaepernick’s strengths, but he did look a bit rusty in his first action this season. Other topics include:
- How did Colin Kaepernick look in his first regular season action in quite some time (1:12)
- What types of passes, short, intermediate, or long, did Kaepernick look most comfortable with (3:43)
- How did Kaepernick do with his reads and decision making (5:24)
- Torrey Smith’s ability against the press and how effective a route runner he is (9:24)
- The road ahead for the 49ers and Kaepernick and whether playing two poor defenses the next week will help (11:45)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“