Week 7 of college football had two huge games with major playoff implications. Alabama destroyed Tennessee and are clearly the best team in the FBS, while Ohio State needed overtime to beat a tough Wisconsin team. On the October 18 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) recap Week 7 of college football and the recent news that the Big 12 won’t expand. Without a conference championship game the Big 12 will struggle to put teams in the College Football Playoffs, as the other conferences have finals which normally provide another marquee matchup for teams resumes. Other topics include:
- Whether the Big 12 made the right decision to not expand and add a conference championship (2:53)
- Who is going to win the Big 12 and whether they have a shot at the College Football Playoffs (13:10)
- Alabama’s beat down of Tennessee and how far they are ahead of every other team (15:03)
- Where are the weak points in the Alabama defense, if there are any (20:07)
- What is Notre Dame’s plan for Brian Kelly and how he has imploded so much (24:20)
- Ohio State-Wisconsin and the Badgers great play against two of the top-four teams (32:50)
- Overrated, underrated, and mystery teams of the season so far (37:00)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.