This weekend brought plenty of action and storylines from both the NFL and college football, but our own Mark Schofield was only able to attend one game, the Maryland-Minnesota Big Ten matchup. On the October 17 Quick Kicks Podcast Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield recap the Maryland Terrapins-Minnesota Golden Gophers game from this weekend. While seeing Minnesota QB Mitch Leidner play was Mark’s original reason for the trip, injuries forced a freshman quarterback to start for both teams. Minnesota was the victor even without Leidner as Maryland struggled in the run game and with penalties. Other topics include:
- What was the general feel of the game and the play of the two freshman quarterbacks (1:49)
- Why Maryland struggled running the ball and their penalty problems (3:19)
- Why the Terrapins ran so much run-pass option and whether it was the right decision (4:32)
- Players of note from the Minnesota offense (8:11)
- Whether any of the kickers or punters showed any big legs or potential (12:36)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.