Week 5 was an important week in the NFL as the contenders and division leaders continue to separate themselves from the bottom-feeders. On the September 22 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) break down Week 5 and the biggest wins of the week. Injuries have forced some teams to scramble for back-ups and while some have succeeded –the Vikings and Cowboys –others have struggled greatly – the Panthers and Cardinals. Week 5 gave us an even clearer picture of the NFL season, but there is still plenty of time for a late run like the Kansas City Chiefs of last year. Other topics include:
- Why it took the Cardinals losing Carson Palmer to see that David Johnson needs more touches (1:04)
- Whether the Steelers are a complete team and if they’re more mature (5:09)
- What type of team are the Detroit Lions and will they find their groove (12:18)
- How the Colts pulled out a win against the Bears to stay in the AFC South division race (16:27)
- The messy Washington-Baltimore game and why the Ravens offense is so poor (21:29)
- Falcons-Broncos and how Atlanta earned the leagues respect with their offense (27:48)
- The Cowboys’ surprising start to the season without Tony Romo and the Cincinnati offense (33:18)
- Raiders-Chargers and San Diego finding the most amazing ways to lose (39:48)
- What is going on with the Packers, especially their offense (44:28)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.