On the September 22 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) look at the major storylines from the Week 5 NFL slate of games. Two NFC Super Bowl contenders, the Cardinals and the Panthers, have struggled to 1-3 starts and are now both without their starting quarterbacks. Meanwhile the Eagles sit undefeated thanks to a strong defense and great play from Carson Wentz, and the Bills and Rams face off in a battle of teams that have rebounded after a poor start to the season. Other topics include:
- Cardinals-49ers and the weird season for the Cardinals and if the slide continues without Carson Palmer (1:27)
- Whether the Steelers will be able to hold up against the Jets’ d-line with injuries along the offensive line (5:38)
- Eagles-Lions and whether Jim Schwartz looks at this as a revenge game (9:40)
- Is their game against the Bears a must-win for the Colts to get back in the division playoff race (12:05)
- Washington-Baltimore and where each team sits in their respective divisions (16:56)
- Atlanta-Denver and a high flying offense against an elite defense (22:38)
- How both the Bills and Rams have turned around their seasons after a poor start (29:30)
- Why the Raiders and Chargers are comparable despite their very different records (33:08)
- What went with wrong with Carolina and Jameis Winston’s struggles (39:45)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.