Week 5 of college football has passed and it certainly provided some excitement and heat to some coaches’ seats. On the October 4 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) recap the biggest games of Week 5 of college football. The only game of the three top ten matchups from the weekend that didn’t live up to the hype was Washington’s drubbing of the Stanford Cardinal. Clemson-Louisville and Michigan-Wisconsin were both tight games with one being a matchup of elite offenses and the other a defensive showdown. Other topics include:
- Clemson-Louisville and the College Football Playoff picture after the game (1:24)
- Washington-Stanford and how the Huskies proved their worth with the blowout of the Cardinal (12:14)
- Michigan-Wisconsin and how the defenses shut down each others offense (18:26)
- Tennessee-Georgia and whether the Vols can win their next two games against Texas A&M and Alabama (25:24)
- Florida State’s fall from Playoff contender to outside the Top 25 and UNC’s Mitch Trubisky (31:47)
- The coaching hot seat after five weeks and the best available jobs (39:54)
- Who is still alive in the National Championship picture (48:23)
- Offensive and defensive players of the week and risers and fallers in the draft (50:23)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.