Week 4 of college football proved which teams were underrated entering the season, Wisconsin for one, and which were overrated, Notre Dame, and Week 5 will knock more teams out of playoff contention. On the September 30 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) recap Week 4 of college football and look forward to the Week 5 matchups. This week brings three huge conference matchups that may ultimately decide their respective divisions and conferences: Washington-Stanford kick off Friday night in a matchup of two Top 10 teams; while Michigan-Wisconsin marks another chance for Wisconsin to upset a team everyone had them losing to; and, finally Clemson-Louisville, which may be the game of the season. Other topics include:
- The early season changes to big-time coaching positions and the who replaces Les Miles at LSU (1:29)
- Whether Oregon will be looking for a head coach at the end of the year (17:33)
- What is going on with conference expansion in the Big 12 (23:15)
- Notre Dame-Duke and whether Brian Kelly’s seat is getting warmer (29:37)
- Tennessee’s comeback against Florida and how Butch Jones has performed as coach (36:23)
- Texas A&M and their chances of winning the SEC (41:49)
- Wisconsin-Michigan State and just how good the Badgers are (44:39)
- Players of the week for Week 4 and draft prospects rising and falling (53:22)
- Washington-Stanford on Friday night and the fight for the Pac 12 (58:57)
- Wisconsin-Michigan in the Big House and whether the Badgers are for real (1:11:40)
- The marquee matchup of Clemson-Louisville in an ACC deciding game (1:17:57)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.