The Patriots have surprised some people with their four games without Brady, particularly in that they were able to beat the Cardinals and Texans on the road and be shutout by the Bills at home. On the October 3 Quick Kicks Podcast, Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield look at the play of Patriot’s punter Ryan Allen and how different his last two weeks have been as compared to the first two of the season. After a strong 2015 season Allen struggled during the first two weeks, but has been one of the best punters and Patriots’ players in Weeks 3 and 4. Other topics include:
- How Ryan Allen punted during the first two weeks and how it compared to his 2015 season (2:31)
- Target Distance Punting and how to use it to measure a punter’s effectiveness (5:24)
- What changed for Allen and his punts in Week 3 (7:34)
- Was Allen’s Week 4 performance closer to his Week 3 or the poor first two weeks (10:27)
- Whether Allen’s change in performance comes from a mechanical change or just better contact (15:47)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“