Every week of the NFL season the picture becomes more clear on which teams will contend and which teams will be picking early in the draft. On the September 22 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) preview the Week 3 NFL slate and which teams are hurting the most from early season injuries. Many teams still face questions about who they are going be, whether it be because of injuries or because they haven’t played any good teams. This is also a big week because the percentage of teams that make the playoffs after an 0-3 start is very low and several teams have a chance to take a commanding lead in their divisions. Other topics include:
- Can the Patriots continue to roll with their third string QB against one of the best defenses in the league, the Houston Texans (1:55)
- Will Oakland’s defense turn itself around against a sub-par Titans team (6:35)
- The Jaguars-Ravens game and will this game tell us anything about these two teams (10:12)
- Is there any way a beat up Browns team can get a win against the Dolphins (16:11)
- How the Bengals look different without Hue Jackson at offensive coordinator (21:47)
- Will the Rams score their first touchdown of the season against the Bucs (26:50)
- What to think of the Chiefs and the Jets so far (30:11)
- A surprising matchup of 2-0 teams in the Eagles-Steelers game (35:32)
- Whether the Atlanta-New Orleans game will be as exciting as their past matchups (40:29)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.