Week 3 of college football action did not disappoint even though some of the marquee matchups were not close at all. On the September 21 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) breakdown the huge Week 3 of college football. The biggest surprise of the year may be the absolute beat down that Lamar Jackson and Louisville laid on Florida State, which most likely knocked FSU out of playoff contention. Alabama was able to beat Ole Miss and the demons that Hugh Freeze’s team has given them the past few years, while Bob Stoops was unable to get his team prepared for Ohio State a common problem he has faced at Oklahoma. Other topics include:
- Louisville’s whooping of FSU and Lamar Jackson as the early Heisman candidate (0:56)
- How the youngest team in the nation, Ohio State, was able to roll over Oklahoma (6:38)
- What to expect from Notre Dame after a tough loss to Michigan State and MSU as a Big Ten contender (11:08)
- Is Florida’s defense as good as Alabama’s and LSU’s in the SEC (20:27)
- How Texas disappointed after people thought they were on the upswing (25:13)
- Whether Nebraska’s luck has changed from last season with the win over Oregon (32:10)
- Michigan’s war against a scrappy Colorado team that may contend for the PAC 12 (35:58)
- Tennessee’s struggles against inferior opponents and if they can contend for the SEC East (40:36)
- Players of the week and draft stocks rising and falling (46:38)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.