On the September 14 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) break down the Week 2 NFL battles and which teams are in the best or worst positions. While it may be foolish to draw conclusions on how the season will end after only two weeks, the second week did give a clearer picture of which teams are going to contend for their division and which teams will be picking in the top 10 come April. Several quarterbacks that are new starters or on new teams impressed this week while several teams that were hyped in the off-season, Jacksonville and Oakland among them, disappointed. Other topics include:
- The rainy Steelers-Bengals divisional matchup and why A.J. Green and Antonio Brown were non-factors (0:54)
- Did we learn anything from the other AFC North matchup, Browns-Ravens (7:46)
- Are the Redskins already starting to fall apart from the inside after an 0-2 start (9:43)
- The bizarre Saints-Giants game, which was the opposite of last year’s shootout (12:53)
- An injury filled Week 2, especially for running backs (15:46)
- Texans’ wide receiver Will Fuller an early leader for Offensive Rookie of the Year (21:23)
- Arizona’s bounce back win and blowout of the Bucs and David Johnson as a sleeper for OPOTY (25:27)
- How is the Raiders’ defense letting up so many yards (32:10)
- Why is Green Bay’s offense performing so poorly with Jordy Nelson back (39:37)
- The worst 2-0 team and the best 0-2 team (47:46)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.