The second week of NFL action brought some exciting and well executed plays that are deserving of praise. On the September 21 Quick Kicks Podcast Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield give out the weekly awards to the offensive and special teams plays for Week 2 of the NFL season. The offensive play made use of 13 personnel, which some teams are using frequently, to bait the defense into thinking it was a run play, resulting in an easy pass. The special teams award winner was an easy one to choose because we had our first punt return for a touchdown of the NFL season. Other topics include:
- The Harry Stamper All-Go Play of the Week from the Oakland-Atlanta game (1:48)
- What are the Atlanta offensive lineman doing on the play to sell the run (7:42)
- President Whitmore Weekly Medal of Special Teams from the Chicago-Philadelphia game (10:10)
- How Chicago sets up the punt protection and pressure on the Eagles’ punter (11:21)
- How Eddie Royal was able to break through the Eagles’ coverage for the touchdown (15:40)
- The best return units in the league so far and who will be the next to score a return TD (18:23)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“