Week 2 in college football brought plenty of excitement in what was supposed to be a down week, but Week 3 has some great games that will have a huge effect on who makes the playoffs. On the September 16 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) preview Week 3 of college football, which is the last real week of the big out-of-conference match-ups. From FSU-Louisville to Ohio State-Oklahoma and #1 Alabama against an Ole Miss team they haven’t beaten since 2013. Other topics include:
- 14 games to watch this week and 6 core ones that may decide the playoff standings, starting with FSU-Louisville (2:41)
- Penn State-Temple and head coach James Franklin in a make or break year (10:45)
- Can Alabama overcome their recent struggles against Ole Miss and what the Rebels have to do to pull off the upset (12:21)
- Other 3:30 Eastern Time games to keep an eye on including Michigan-Colorado (17:48)
- Will Oklahoma State bounce back from the tough loss last week against a good Pitt team (21:57)
- Notre Dame-Michigan State and what to watch for in the rivalry game (27:30)
- Ohio State-Oklahoma and the Buckeyes young secondary up against Oklahoma’s offense led by Baker Mayfield (31:54)
- Stanford-USC in a talent vs. smarts Pac-12 match-up(36:53)
- Picks and predictions as well as the Heisman race at the moment (41:33)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.