Week 1 of NFL action showed a glimpse of what we can expect from each team this season, but there is still time for teams to turn it around or crumble. On the September 14 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) preview Week 2 of the NFL season and, which teams they expect to win. The first week brought some great games and story lines throughout the week, but the second week provides a lot of division matchups that could have a huge impact on the playoff picture. Other topics include:
- Looking at Thursday’s game Jets-Bills and the Rex Ryan Revenge Part Three (0:54)
- Speaking of revenge, the Steelers-Bengals first game since last year’s playoff game (4:00)
- Can the 49ers withstand a Carolina Panthers team looking for their first win (7:47)
- Matthew Stafford’s maturation under OC Jim Bob Cooter and the Lions-Titans game (9:58)
- Ravens-Browns and whether we’ll learn anything about Baltimore against a poor Cleveland team (12:06)
- Will Dallas or Washington grab an important division win in the wide open NFC East (14:55)
- The Giants as the team to watch and if they can keep up with the Saints this week (17:38)
- Can the Dolphins take a game from the Patriots without Tom Brady (19:34)
- Texans-Chiefs and whether both teams can win their division and contend in the AFC (22:26)
- Will the Seahawks be able to beat the Rams, a team they struggle against (25:47)
- Can the Cardinals rebound against the Bucs and Jameis Winston (28:37)
- Jaguars-Chargers and whether Jacksonville has actually turned the franchise around (31:21)
- Falcons-Raiders and how the teams have switched positions in the past few years (33:00)
- Will the Colts and Andrew Luck be ready for a rested Broncos defense (34:34)
- Packers-Vikings and whether Sam Bradford upgrades the QB position for the Vikings (36:37)
- Carson Wentz and the Eagles taking on the Bears on Monday Night Football (38:47)
- What team needs a victory in Week 2 to stay competitive (41:08)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.