Week 2 of college football was supposed to be a bit of lull, but there were plenty of great games, upsets, and even some controversy. On the September 14 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) recap the second week of college football and the biggest story lines from it. The biggest story is a botched call that cost #22 Oklahoma State a win against Central Michigan, but other performances such as Clemson’s scare against Troy have produced plenty to talk about as well. Other topics include:
- Ten topics of the week starting with the referee mess up in the Oklahoma State-Central Michigan game (1:28)
- Alabama still searching for offensive production (9:06)
- How the record setting Battle at Bristol played out (16:35)
- The underwhelming play of Clemson and Georgia (19:45)
- Offensive and defensive players of the week (23:48)
- Rising and falling draft stocks around college football (25:30)
- Bobby LeGesse joins to discuss Iowa-Iowa State (27:47)
- Musings on the Big 12 and what Bob Stoops’ future is at Oklahoma (33:13)
- Top ten teams entering Week 3 (37:56)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.