The first week of NFL football has passed and the second week kicks off tonight. On the September 14 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) recap the Week 1 NFL action, which had some surprising final scores. The Patriots and Jimmy Garoppolo were able to win without star players at several positions against a good Cardinals team. For the second year in a row the Broncos are trying to prove you don’t need elite quarterback play to contend, and they seem to be right with a win against the Panthers. Other topics include:
- The Broncos offensive line and the Super Bowl rematch in Week 1 (2:37)
- The Packers-Jaguars match-up and where the two teams stand this season (5:41)
- The Chargers wasted opportunity for a win against the Chiefs(10:07)
- How the Raiders’ offense was able to keep up with the Saints (15:24)
- The Jets’ d-line and impressive play from second-year pro Leonard Williams (20:08)
- How the Browns’ season lost hope so quickly and RG3’s injury (25:52)
- Why no one was talking about the Giants’ defense and their showing against Dallas (28:25)
- How the Steelers were able to run on the Washington defense (31:05)
- The Patriots’ play without star players on both sides of the ball (36:14)
- Can the Seahawks succeed with poor offensive tackle play (40:52)
- Matthew Stafford and the Lions’ offense great first game without Calvin Johnson(44:57)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.