With the season starting it’s time to wrap up the previews for each division. On the September 10 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) preview the NFC East, which hasn’t had a repeat division winner since 2004. Washington, last year’s winner, franchised Kirk Cousins this off-season to see if he can repeat last year’s success, and Eli Manning returns for his 13th year with the Giants. The Eagles and Cowboys both faces at quarterback after trading Sam Bradford and an injury to Tony Romo, respectively. Other topics include:
- Will Dak Prescott be able to hold down the quarterback position until Tony Romo returns (2:20)
- How are the Cowboys different from last year when they couldn’t win without Romo (6:21)
- Addressing the questions on the defensive side of the ball (9:36)
- The Giants as a trendy pick for division winner in the NFC East (16:02)
- Looking at the Giants draft and their NFL-ready rookie class (20:29)
- Whether Carson Wentz is the savior of the Philadelphia Eagles (26:06)
- Can the Eagles’ defense carry the team to a respectable record and division title contention (35:28)
- Will Washington’s defense overcome some holes in the roster with talent at each level (39:50)
- The talent surrounding Kirk Cousins on the offense (44:10)
- Predictions for the final standings in the NFC East (50:58)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.