Thursday brings the first regular season NFL game, a rematch of last year’s Super Bowl. On the September 7 Breaking the Plane Podcast Matt Williamson (@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) preview the NFC South, which includes the Carolina Panthers who will kick off the season in Denver against the Broncos tomorrow. The schedule should be harder for all teams in the South as they face off against some of the better divisions this season. While each team in the NFC South faces a lot of questions entering the season, it has the potential to be one of the better divisions in the NFL. Other topics include:
- Looking at the Panthers’ schedule, offense and whether they can repeat last year’s success (1:30)
- Carolina’s defense and their underwhelming secondary without Norman (7:26)
- Does Atlanta know what they want to do defensively (11:45)
- Where will the production come from for the offense outside of Julio Jones (17:02)
- Is Sean Payton on the hot seat for the Saints and can he turn around the offense (21:22)
- How do the Saints go about fixing their defense, and their additions from the offseason (25:25)
- Will the Bucs offense find itself in a lot of shootouts and will they be ready (31:29)
- Did the Bucs’ draft and free agent additions help out their defense (36:41)
- Predictions for win totals and standings at the end of the season (41:05)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.