The first week of college football lived up to the immense hype that was bestowed upon it with several exciting games and a few big upsets. Trevor Sikkema (@TrevorSikkema) joins Chuck Zodda on the September 6 Quick Kicks Podcast to discuss the first week of college football, starting the discussion with an instant classic in the double overtime Texas over Notre Dame upset and what it means for the Texas program and moving to how Tom Herman has made Houston a playoff contender as a non-Power 5 school. Other topics include:
- Discussing Texas and Notre Dame’s first week game as an instant college football classic (2:25)
- Who impressed from the Texas team and what to expect from them going forward (6:02)
- Looking at the big SEC games starting with Georgia vs. UNC (8:25)
- Georgia’s offense under Jacob Eason and with Nick Chubb returning (13:39)
- The Houston-Oklahoma game and how Tom Herman has changed the Houston program (15:47)
- Whether college football is gaining more parity with the success of non-Power 5 teams (17:55)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.