Monday’s Ole Miss-Florida State Top 25 game wrapped up a great slate of games for Week 1. On the September 6 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) break down the first weeks best games, upsets, and players. While some playoff contenders played cupcakes for their first game, there were still plenty of great matchups –including one upset that many consider and instant classic. Other topics include:
- Top ten stories from Week 1 and likes and dislikes of the week (2:28)
- Alabama’s domination of USC and Bama’s NFL defense (9:05)
- The Big Ten favorites Ohio State and Michigan beating up on bad teams (16:10)
- Stanford’s solid showing against Kansas State with new quarterback Ryan Burns (19:15)
- Thoughts on the UCLA-Texas A&M game and A&M’s defense (25:42)
- What was with Gus Malzahn’s quarterback carousel? and other takes from the Auburn-Clemson game (31:06)
- Offensive and defensive players of the week and rising and falling draft stock (36:30)
- Texas-Notre Dame as the game of the week – and one of the best games of all time (41:20)
- Could Texas be the favorite for the Big 12 and where do they go from here (48:27)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.