The college football season is underway and this week brings some great out of conference, Top 25 matchups. On the August 24 Pylon U Podcast, Shane Alexander (@Alexander1Great) and Jeff Feyerer (@jfey5) look at the college football landscape before the major games start. The Power 5 conferences all have playoff hopes and upstarts in Houston and Boise State are hoping to crash the ball. It’s a wide open season. Other topics include:
- ACC season outlook and Miami under Mark Richt (1:10)
- Who is going to win the ACC and will two teams make the playoffs (8:23)
- How anything other than a Big 12 championship is a disappointment for Oklahoma (10:49)
- What to expect from the Big Ten East (17:23)
- The Big Ten West and an apology to last year’s Iowa team (22:48)
- How the Pac-12 may shake out and the storylines to watch (29:23)
- Why this is a big year for Rich Rodriguez at Arizona (40:19)
- Whether Chad Kelly can overcome player loss at Ole Miss (45:44)
- Boise State, San Diego State and the Mountain West in the top 25 (51:42)
- Favorites and sleepers for major player awards (57:38)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.