The college football season has officially started and the NFL isn’t far away. On the August 29 Quick Kicks Podcast, Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield discuss Vanderbilt linebacker Zach Cunningham and what he brings to their defense. Cunningham earned a lot of awards last year and is on the watchlist for even more for this upcoming season. While Vanderbilt is often overlooked in the SEC, Mark believes that Cunningham will be someone to watch for in the NFL draft. Other topics include:
- The role that Cunningham plays in Vanderbilt’s scheme (5:16)
- How Cunningham looks in coverage in both man and zone (7:07)
- How Cunningham looks in run defense and in nickle packages (9:38)
- Negatives from Cunningham’s tape and what he needs to work on (12:18)
- What scheme Cunningham fits best in the NFL (13:51)
- What Cunningham to the Vanderbilt defense (14:25)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.
Filligar, “Guilty Good Intentions“
Ronald Jenkees, “Disorganized Fun“