The last week of preseason shouldn’t bring too much news as most of the starters are resting while teams try to figure out their 53-man rosters, and this is no different for the Pittsburgh Steelers. On the August 29 Breaking the Plane Podcast, Matt Williamson(@WilliamsonNFL) and Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) take a look at the Pittsburgh Steelers, their favorite to come out of the AFC North. With suspensions to key players and others that are injury risks the Steelers face a lot of questions and speculation about how far they’ll make it this season. Other topics include:
- Comparing the Steelers with the main contenders in the AFC (2:37)
- What tight end Ladarius Green brings to the Steelers offense (8:50)
- Is this the best o-line that Ben Roethlisberger has played with in his career (16:04)
- Whether Landry Jones can be a starting QB in the NFL (25:43)
- Will Pittsburgh return to being an elite defense (30:03)
- Where is the Steeler’s pass rush going to come from (34:00)
- Discussing the secondary and the scheme that fits best for them (41:26)
- Closing thoughts and predictions for the Steeler’s season (48:15)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.