The college football season kicks off this Friday evening with the Cal Golden Bears and the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors in Australia, which means it’s time for the last preseason top 25 rankings. Jeff Feyerer joins Chuck Zodda to discuss Pylon U Podcast’s top 25 rankings and how the college football season may shake out. While there are a collection of teams that are seen as playoff contenders there doesn’t seem to be one “super team” that is a near lock to make it to the playoffs. Past contender Ohio State is dealing with losing players to the draft and have few returning starters, but lots of recruits, while returning titans such as LSU and Michigan are dealing with quarterback questions. Other topics include:
- Reasons for a large collection of title contenders, but no “super teams” (1:45)
- Who Jeff has as his playoff teams at this point (2:52)
- Strengths and weaknesses of Jeff’s top four ranked teams, LSU, Florida State, Alabama, and Michigan (4:00)
- How Notre Dame’s recent player suspension’s affect their rankings (9:34)
- What mid-major will make the most noise this season (12:18)
- How the Big Ten is going to shake out this season (14:32)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.