The college football season has kicked off and it’s time to look at the top 25 teams of the season and the teams that will have the biggest effect on the season. On the inaugural August 17 Pylon U Podcast Shane Alexander and Jeff Feyerer look at how the college football season may play out. There seems to be a half dozen teams that wouldn’t be a surprise to make the College Football Playoffs, but not really one superteam that is a runaway favorite for the championship or even a playoff spot. Other topics include:
- Looking at Alabama and if this is the best defense in Saban’s tenure (4:04)
- What it would take for LSU to NOT make the playoffs (13:27)
- The ACC and who might make the College Football Playoff from the conference (19:05)
- What to expect from the 2015 runner-ups, the Clemson Tigers (24:44)
- Why Louisville is the most important team in the country (29:45)
- Why Shane and Jeff’s rankings of Tennessee are so different (46:50)
- How Ohio State will react to the major talent loss through the draft (59:10)
- Discussing the non-Power 5 teams that have the best chance of making the playoffs (1:11:04)
- What four teams are going to make the 2017 College Football Playoffs (1:21:40)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to Pylon U: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.