Preseason Week 1 is in the books and it brought more questions than answers. From rookie performances to how new head coaches and free agent signings fared, there is a lot to look at in the first real action of the season. Doug Farrar of Bleacher Report joins Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield on the August 16 Quick Kicks Podcast to discuss the major storylines as we get closer to the start of the 2016 NFL season. With the league becoming more and more pass-happy, defenses have turned to sub-packages and drafted certain types of players to fill their schemes the best, but some teams are more committed than others. Other topics include:
- Where the NFL is heading in terms of trends and offensive and defensive innovations and packages (5:04)
- Whether the NFL is cyclical and if we’ll see a return to I-formations (8:03)
- Will the Vikings make a leap after their early-playoff exit or if they will regress (14:15)
- Offseason moves and new coach/player pairings that will help teams the most (18:34)
- How Tampa Bay kicker Roberto Aguayo will deal with the pressure of being a second-round pick (26:59)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.