With preseason football kicking off this week, the Detroit Lions are hoping to answer many of the questions the off-season has presented them. The August 9 Quick Kicks Podcast examines the major stories of Lions training camp so far, with Chuck Zodda and Mark Schofield joined by Jeff Risdon of Sidelion Report to discuss the many questions facing the Lions before their first preseason game on Friday. After finishing 7-9 in 2015, the Lions lost perennial Pro-Bowler Calvin Johnson to retirement early in this offseason, and may have a difficult season in store. Topics this episode include:
- Key storylines from the early part of Lions camp, including early thoughts on how Detroit plans to replace Calvin Johnson on offense (3:00)
- The Lions terrible running game from 2015, and how they can look to improve this season (6:54)
- Newcomers on defense who may bolster a unit that struggled, in particular in the secondary (10:26)
- The linebacking corps and how they have fared without DeAndre Levy, as well as potential new impact players (13:50)
- UDFA tight end Cole Wick and what he has shown thus far in camp (19:31)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.