After a week off to celebrate U.S. Independence Day and recharge our batteries, we are back. Mark Schofield and Chuck Zodda return on the July 11 Quick Kicks Podcast, joined by senior editor Philip Kibbey to discuss the redesign of Inside the Pylon and some of the upcoming projects for the second half of the year. We are re-launching with an entirely new look that is designed to provide a tremendous amount of functionality to our readers and listeners, and this episode helps fill you in on some of the key changes. Topics this show include:
- The development process for the new site and some of the key concepts behind the redesign (2:24)
- Core ideas for readers to keep in mind as they browse the new site, and how the redesigned hub pages for the NFL and college football help make navigation easier (3:28)
- The redesigned ITP Glossary and the increased accessibility for people new to the game of football (5:30)
- The improved mobile experience, given that nearly 60% of ITP traffic comes from mobile sources (8:01)
- New content to come over the next two months, focusing on the ability of our new design to display content in ways previously unavailable to us (11:58)
- The content plan for the next two months leading up to the start of the 2016 season, and the formats we are looking to explore over that time to provide multiple entry points for new readers, listeners, and viewers (16:11)
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.