With training camp only a month away, rosters are taking shape and cap space is beginning to stabilize, giving fans an idea of what kinds of extensions they may see for players and whether their team can add last minute talent in case of a camp injury. Miguel Benzan from patscap.com joins Mark Schofield on the June 30 Quick Kicks Podcast to discuss the New England Patriots cap situation and what fans can expect from them this summer and fall. Listen in to get the details:
- Miguel breaks down Andrew Luck‘s extension and what the amount of guaranteed money means for the Colts salary cap (1:11).
- Where do the Patriots stand with their cap space as of the end of June and what they need to address heading into camp (4:15).
- How to the $9.5mm in cap space break down among rookies, practice squad, etc. (6:40).
- How will the Patriots create additional cap space to extend and add players (10:43).
- What kind of deal can the Patriots agree to with Jamie Collins (14:15).
- Should the Patriots extend Malcolm Butler and what is a reasonable cost (16:06).
- Dion Lewis‘ extension and how team friendly his contract is (17:15).
- What is Bread of Life and how can people help (20:25).
If you are having trouble with the embedded player, listen on our SoundCloud page.
Subscribe to ITP: The Podcast on our iTunes page.
Follow us on Twitter @ITPylon.